Saturday, August 25, 2012

Big Sis, Lil Sis

 These girls are so stinking cute together! Carrie just loves Brigette to pieces.... It's awesome! Every single morning, without fail, the first thing Carrie wants to do is see Brigette and give her cuddly hugs and kisses. Yesterday, she told me, "I think Brigette wants to snuggle with me in my bed". Brigette didn't seem as sure about it as Carrie was, but despite what her "eh" face suggests, she tolerated the snuggles very well. ;)


And then this morning we tried out our big sis-lil sis bows for the first time! I know it's hard to see in the picture, but the white ribbons in the middle of the bows say "big sister", and "little sister" as appropriate :)

I'm so glad this morning has turned out so well too. Considering the night Carrie had last night.... Allow me to elaborate.

Carrie rarely wakes up in the night. RARELY.... It was a little more often when she was newly potty trained and she'd wake up to go to the bathroom, but anymore, when we put her to bed, she's out for the next 11 hours. So last night when she woke up around midnight crying, I wondered what could be wrong. I went to check on her and she sobbed out that she wanted me to lay by her. When she kept crying, I asked her what was wrong.

She blubbered, "I just really miss daddy..." I thought, well that's a quick easy fix.... So I asked, "Do you want me to go get him?" She answered, "No, I just want you to read me a story". When I asked which one and she answered "Princess", I tried to climb out of her bed to the bookshelf to find which one she meant.

That did not go over well.... She started crying again and grabbed me, "No! Not a book! Just the one you tell me!" Oh! Got it! So I told her our version of "The Princess and The Frog" that I'd made up a few days ago. Basically it's Princess Rebecca, Princess Carrie, and Princess Brigette who's castle is visited by a frog who claims to be "Prince Justin", but we have to kiss him so he can turn from a frog back into a handsome prince. Carrie loves it :)

A few minutes after the story, she told me, "Mommy, I want you to go now." And that was it. Or so I thought.... A few hours later, she woke up crying again. Fortunately, that time, I got her to go back to sleep with only a drink of water. Whew! Luckily, I've gotten used to getting up at night again lately....

No comments: