Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Night Owls Around Here!

Happy belated 4th of July everyone! Our weekend was sure fun-filled, especially because Justin had a 3 day weekend! On Saturday afternoon, we went to my parents' house for swimming and a bbq. I contributed yummy red-white-n-blue strawberries. (I TOTALLY stole the idea from a friend. She had a picture on her blog from memorial day, thanks Marci!) They're dipped in white chocolate and blue sugar sprinkles. Yummy!
.
.
Me, Carrie, Marissa and Alex playing ring-around-the-rosy in the pool. When we "all fall down" I try to dunk Carrie a little. She's getting more and more used to it. If you listen carefully, Carrie asks "Again?!" almost before she can breath!
.

.
That night we went to the Diamondbacks Baseball game. (We got to leave Carrie at home, hallelujah! She would have been one tired little girl! Thanks for babysitting Tanner!) We got to ride the light rail train there, which was exciting to me because I've only ever been on it one other time. We had pretty good seats for $20 each and even though the Dodgers SLAUGHTERED the D-backs 14-1, we still had fun. When the D-backs scored the solo home run in the bottom of the 9th, everyone in the stadium was screaming! Even the dodgers fans ;) They opened the roof after the game and we watched fireworks. By the time we got back to my parents', picked up Carrie and drove back to our own house, it was 1am... We are definitely not made for the night life around here. On Sunday morning we slept in until 10:45, even Carrie!
.
All of us at the ballgame: Top- Brandon, Marissa, Kevin, Jake, Chris. Bottom- Dad, Rebecca, Justin, Mom
.
.
Sunday night we watched fireworks from the balcony on the front of our house. My parents and siblings showed up right in time for the show. They stayed and played games, and ate cookies and popcorn until midnight. We all slept in on Monday too :)
.
Monday was an extra treat because we had Justin home with us. We went to Ross and did part of our mini shopping spree we have allowed ourselves out of our '1st time homebuyers tax credit' money. It was great! Justin got 3 new pairs of slacks, 2 shirts and a belt for $80, and I got 4 new shirts and 1 pair of capris for $40. Don't worry, we didn't leave Carrie out. She got some polka-dot froggy pajamas that were on clearance.
.
Now we're settling back into normal plain-old boring routine. And I love it. I need a little break before the next round of excitement!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Awesome strawberries, I will have to try that, I love dipping strawberries.
Yes,I am jealous, Lori gets lots more Carrie time than me :( !!!!
I loved hearing Carrie jabber to me on the phone! Love Nana

Jacob & Clarissa said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the strawberries. I am impressed with all the time and effort that you apparently put into making them!