Saturday, May 1, 2010

Craft Projects Galore!

I've finished a few more projects around the house and I'm quite proud of myself. First of all, the family room valances. I got lazy again and they're stuck up with thumb tacks... Hopefully I'll get them put up for real.
.
.
.
.
Secondly, I painted a wall-art decoration for our bedroom. I'm still on the fence about it. I kinda like it, kinda don't. Painting it yourself never turns out the same as store bought.
.
.
.
My last project, I'm completely happy with! A little background about it. The library is about 1/2 mile from our house, so we've become frequent patrons. A couple days ago, I made a trip there to renew books for me and Justin and get Carrie a few new ones. While trying to tote 6 books, my purse, Carrie, and trying to get my keys out, I realized, "This is crazy! I need a bag to carry the books in or something, I'm about to drop them" And so on my next trip to Walmart, I bought a denim tote bag for $2.50 (I probably could have made it, but...) and decorated it with puffy paint in about 10 minutes. It is now the designated library bag. Yeah!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check you out Martha Stewart! I'm so glad you're having so much fun making your house a home... it really is awesome, isn't it? :-)