Saturday, December 10, 2011

Random Days

In super exciting news, Carrie started potty training again yesterday and this time it's sticking! Finally!! I've tried two or three times before, and she just wasn't ready. She'd get it sometimes, but in reality, I was the one who was trained, not her....

Yesterday morning, however, a few minutes after changing her morning diaper she came in and said, with a very concerned look, "Mommy, I went pee-pee!" I changed her out of her wet diaper, but then she said she didn't want a new one. So I let her go around naked for a couple hours. When she didn't have any accidents, I thought, "Hmmm, maybe I'll try it again...." We put her in panties and she just totally got it!! It's been awesome! So much better than the times we've tried before!! So now the highlight of our day is sparkly stickers on her potty chart. :)

And now for a few random pictures:

Carrie has decided that the lazy susan makes a great place to store her toys lately... I often reach in to grab something for dinner and end up with a My Little Pony in my hand....

The other day before bedtime we were finishing an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and when Justin sat down on the bed, Carrie jumped over and snuggled right into the crook of his arm. She made sure she was as snuggly as she could get. It was too cute not to snap a picture of!

And I know this makes us look lame compared to most people who live in snow and ice in December, but winter is winter! I know it's only 50 degrees, but we're freezing! To us, this is as bad as a sub zero blizzard! So this is what Carrie looks like when she goes outside to play!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think now that the kids (yours and mine) are a little older (closer to 3) they're understanding the whole potty training thing a little better. Travis does really well as long as we let him run around with no clothes on. Also, I think they understand sticker charts/rewards a little better now too! Good luck!