Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Justin's Job, RN Rebecca and a Crawling Carrie

Well, yesterday was Justin's first day at his new job. I'm still unsure of exactly what he does, but I think he has a little bit of a better idea now. He is the Marketing Manager for Four Season's Sunrooms. It's a company that does house additions, windows, doors, security doors etc... Justin will be working in the showroom and traveling for trade-shows sometimes. Yesterday he got a "commission" for making an appointment with a customer for the sales people. Mostly I think he'll be running the showroom and helping with marketing for the company, trying to create customer leads. His position is salary plus commissions and in 3 months he'll qualify for benefits! It's a real job! Woohoo!
.
Carrie does everything but actually crawl. She's not off her belly yet, but holy moly, can she move!! She has discovered the vertical blinds on our sliding patio door and loves to watch them "wiggle" as the air from the ceiling fan hits them. It's so much fun to watch her try to figure everything out. She's now having three meals a day (of baby food, oatmeal, crackers, watered-down juice etc). She still has bottles before sleeping though. She LOVES her sippy cup and would live on water if I let her. Here she is playing the piano, eating crackers and hanging out with mom and dad.
.

My nursing license expired yesterday. Renewing it, and switching it to an AZ license has been on my to-do list for at least a few months. Well, I slacked off and didn't turn in my renewal until a couple weeks ago. I didn't think about the possibility that it might take a few months for it to be processed. Once I found out, last week, that it could take so long, I had to apply for a temporary license (another $50 fee). When I did that last week, they told me it could take 2 weeks to process that. So I was "looking forward to" a little time at home, not being able to work, although we really could use the hours. Well, what they should have said was that it could take UP to two weeks... or as little as two days. I just got my temporary license in the mail yesterday. So today, I picked up shifts for Thursday and Friday this week! So much for staying home, but yeah for the money!

Thanks again to EVERYONE who is continually praying in our behalf. Times may be stressful, but we're certainly learning to work together and trust our Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

Yea for jobs and -kind of- crawling! :)

Henderson Family said...

First of all, beautiful piano composition Carrie:) I'm so glad that you have some stable jobs now. That whole licensing thing must have been a hassle. I'm glad it's working out though.

LUCKY7 said...

glad you guys are doing well. That last pic, is so adorable, you should have that as your top picture on the blog. It is just too stinkin' cute.

Liana said...

I love the piano video, so cute! She's picking up on it quite fast! ;)