Thursday, September 3, 2009

Student Loan MIRACLE!!

Today we got something in the mail from UHEAA, the people who manage our student loans. It was adressed to me (Rebecca). Justin started to open it saying, "Weird, I wonder what they want?". I jokingly (though wishfully) said "Congratulations, your balance is zero... hahaha wouldn't that be nice?"
.
Justin pulled the paper out and this is exactly what it said:
"Dear Rebecca Greer: We are pleased to inform you that the remaining balance of your student loan(s) has been forgiven as a way of thanking you for taking care of your loan obligation in a diligent manner. Total Principal Forgiven: $817.23"
...
...
...
HOLY COW!!!!!! We have NEVER heard of this happening before! We don't have to finish paying off my student loan! They're "letting it slide". How in the world does that happen?!?! I say it a lot, but I'll say it again- we have our fair share of struggles (especially financially lately), but prayer and tithing works! We'll now be able to count on $50 more a month that we were expecting to go towards my student loan. YEAH!!!

9 comments:

Chelsey Hymas said...

Hurrayyy!! You should send them my way. Oh that would be nice.

Henderson Family said...

That is so exciting for you!!! It's amazing how the Lord takes care of us.

Catherine and Derrick said...

Wow how amazing is that! I love how the Lord will provide a way for us if we are striving to do what is right.

Liana said...

that is way too cool! Thanks for the upliftment... things will work out, hang in there!!!

Jenelle said...

sweet!

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO!!! That is amazing... I've never heard of that either.

YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

Anonymous said...

The Lord does take care of us as we are faithful. I'm very happy for you guys.

Simpson Family said...

Yea, so happy for you! We still need to get together. we were going to call you last weekend...but you know how it goes, plans changed. Anyway, we will have to sometime soon! Carrie is getting so big, not to mention, CUTE!

Karissa said...

Oh that is AWESOME! Way to go! I've never heard of that either, but I'm glad it happened to you =)