Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Party All Night

Carrie decided it would be fun to be awake from 1am to 3:30am last night. ???? She wasn't sad, hurt, sick, or anything. In fact, she was just the opposite. Wide awake, jabbering, giggling, clapping... ready to play. Since Justin has to get up at 5 to go to work, he got to shut our bedroom door and go back to sleep. I layed on Carrie's floor half-asleep while she wandered her room in the dark playing. All of this, of course is after trying all the regular things. She had a clean diaper, a full tummy, a binky, even soft music after a while. Nothing worked.

I felt dumb letting her play around in the dark, but she didn't seem to mind, and I got to at least rest a little. She finally fell asleep around 3:30 next to me on the floor. And I finally got to go back to bed. I had hoped that her little middle of the night adventure would mean she would sleep in, even a little bit. Nope. Rise and shine at 7:15 :)

To try to boost my energy and wake up a little more, I decided to workout while she was eating breakfast. Last week, my grandparents were in town and my Grandma invited me to do her workout video with her. My Grandma, who will be 70 in a couple weeks, was doing "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred" It's insane!! And we only did level one! Anyways, she bought me my own copy of the DVD so I popped it in this morning. And all for nothing. Carrie has "misplaced" the DVD remote control. I couldn't get past the menu. So much for getting up and going.

I thought for sure I'd get a small break this morning during Carrie's morning nap. Hah! What morning nap?! She was wide awake! I don't know how, but she never fell asleep. She just whined for about half an hour until I got her back up.

Fortunately she's been in a good mood. We got to spend a few hours with a couple of my friends from high school and their little girls. It was a fun playdate. On the way home, I decided we needed to go get Carrie's lab work done (standard hemoglobin and lead check). I've had the lab orders for 2 weeks and keep forgetting to do them. By the time I pulled up to the lab, Carrie had fallen asleep in her carseat. The mean mom that I am though, I got her out anyways. I figured if I went home instead, the second I took her out of the carseat to go inside she'd wake up anyways.

Now labs are done, we are home and Carrie is sleeping. Finally!! I think I'll try to grab a short nap while she's still down. Whew!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, your nice. I would have let my kids play away alone in their crib. That is an intense workout video. Definitely a good workout. Hopefully you'll find the remote. Did you check the trash?

Jacob & Clarissa said...

I remember doing that with Emily! Back when she was too little to climb over me, I would just lay across her doorway and go back to sleep while she played.

Coleen said...

Too Cute. Not necessarily fun for Mom, but fun for Nana to hear about it. She's a cutie and the fun you are going to have with her.
Love you all.