Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pictures Galore and Feeling Crummy

I usually poke fun at people who post oodles of pictures from the same sitting. Well, sorry. Today I'm one of those people. One picture couldn't capture the minutes of fun going on, so I posted several. I also had to "show off" her new cheesy grin. It's actually a little scary looking... Good thing she's cute when she's not making this face. One picture though, finally shows Carrie's teeth! That's right, I said TEETH, as in plural! She's had her one single little tooth for almost two months, but the second one finally decided to show up just a few days shy of 13 months! My brother Jake had said that Carrie looked like the babies in cartoons - you know, they always have only one bottom tooth? -
.
Onto the second part of the post title. It seems like Justin has been sick on and off all winter. This week early early morning Tuesday, he started throwing up every 20 minutes for a few hours. I had to go to work, but a friend took him into Urgent Care when they opened at 8. He got an anti-nausea med and came home to rest. The nausea subsided, but a nasty cough, sinus pressure headache, sore throat, super stuffy and runny nose set in to take its place. Over the next few days he kept getting worse. He missed work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday, he finally said, "Ok, I have to try to go into work because this is ridiculous, I can't keep missing work!". He lasted the whole day, but came home feeling worse than before.
.
Finally Saturday night, about 10 minutes before closing, we went back to the Urgent Care. His little virus bug, has blown into a nasty bronchitis infection. We got an antibiotic, a lung corticosteroid, and super-cough medicine. He is now taking a nap and hopefully will be feeling significantly better by tomorrow morning, for a full week of work. Man, I hate sickness. I guess if it weren't around though, I'd be out of a job. :)
.

.

.
Can you see those two little teeth? (Barely, I know)
.
Yes, she is walking all around the apartment with the strainer on her head. She thought it was sooo cool that she could see through it. This game lasted a full 5 minutes...
.
.
.
And a video of another one of her favorite games... collecting things, making piles, filling a bucket... stuff like that. She methodically picked every single toy up out of the toy box, walked across the room and stuffed them into this bouncy chair. After this video, she then took all the toys out of the seat and put them all back. Maybe it means someday she'll be an awesome helper at "clean-up" time. (Sorry for my monotone narrating)

No comments: