Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sharing Time

I survived my first time teaching Sharing Time today!!! I don't know how because last night I had no idea how it was going to work, but it did! And amazingly so.... The topic? Modesty. It's one of those things that's pretty straight forward, but sometimes people think the "guidelines" are super flexible. Mostly, I was worried about a scenario like this, "What if one of the little 6 year olds has on a sleeveless dress and feels bad when I mention that 'shoulders should be covered'?! She probably didn't pick out that dress, and besides, it's not like she's 16 and flaunting around in a tubetop..."

But I got lucky. No awkwardness was had by anyone in our primary today. Whew!..... Next week, word of wisdom. Should be much less nerve racking.

Justin and I had a mini-date last night running a couple errands and gabbing some quick dinner at Native New Yorker. Our errands were pretty exciting though. Carrie is going to spend a week with Justin's parents next week. While she's gone, we're going to try to get as much of our backyard in as we can. (With the intent to make it easier on ourselves when we get sod, you know, having to stay off it for a few days....)

Anyways, our date consisted of buying our new swingset, and figuring out all the supplies and cost for doing our sprinklers. I hope Carrie is super excited to come home and find her own personal park in the backyard :)

A cute little on-the-spot story. As I'm typing, Carrie is in the background singing. She's never seen the movie Cinderella, but knows the character. And apparently likes her a lot. *She has her favorite pink blanket that she has dubbed the "Cinderella blanket", and her plastic fancy dress up high heels are the "Cinderella shoes"*

Back to right now though. She's singing random notes all over the place repeating, "CinderELLa! CinderELLa! CinderELLa! CinderELLa!" I guess we should figure out if someone has that movie we can borrow so she can get to know it better. (Especially since I've been planning her Cinderella halloween costume for months in my head)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teaching primary scares me to death, I'm glad there are wonderful people out there like you that can do it! And how fun for you guys to be getting your back yard finished. I'm sure Carrie is going to love her new swing-set.. I can't wait for the day where we are finally settled enough so I can get Travis one.