Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Baby Tree

I love the little things Carrie does and says. Yesterday she ran over to me and said, "Mommy, watch me do a cool trick." She then proceeded to do a little skip-hop, and a very lopsided forward roll. And she was SOOO proud. She had been practicing in the other room until she got it just like she wanted and then was so excited to show it off to me. Over and over... :)

Today was the kicker though... I can't remember how it came up, but she said something like, "Mommy, we need a new baby."

I, of course, quickly agreed with her and said, "Wouldn't that be so fun?"

She thought for a second and said, "Let's go plant the seeds and make a baby tree grow and we can get a new baby!!!"

Ohhhh, if only it were that easy.... ;) I've heard of kids believing in the money tree before, but never the baby tree.... Looks like the simplified version of the "where babies come from" talk is in order. ;)

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Ahh, she is so sweet and so smart!