Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gotta Hate Sickness.....

We spent all day working and playing hard! Justin and our friend Mike got started building our new shed around 9am.They finally finished around 6:30pm.... Only stopping for lunch. And from what they told me, this thing has about 150,000 screws... give or take... ;)


Carrie and I spent the day at "Mike's house", with my friend Laura, and Carrie's friends Emma, Anya, and Kaitlin (their kids). I had to lug all our laundry over there because we've discovered a leak in one of our laundry drain pipes... In the wall in our kitchen. We'll be repairing it soon, but that's a story for another day. So in order to not risk further damage than what's already there, I can't do laundry at my own house for the time being....

I was pretty productive while it was washing and drying though. I brought my ribbons and such over and cranked out a few cute bows! (The yellow ones are for the girls to match: One says big sister, one says lil sister) The pink sparkly one goes with the teeny tutu I made last night!

Carrie just ran, and danced, and played like crazy all day long.... Until about 4:30. She told me she was tired, and laid down on the couch. A few minutes later, she started wimpering and told me "It hurts right here", and pointed to her forehead. I had her lay back down, sip some water and got a bag of frozen corn to put on her forehead. About 5 minutes later, she started wimpering again and said, "My tummy's sick, I think I'm going to throw up".... she says this every once in a while, and I can tell, she usually doesn't mean it. This time though, she really meant it.

Luckily, the Chipman's have tile floors.... :( We ran to the bathroom semi-in-time. Once I got her cleaned up, I loaded up the van and put her in to head for home. (Fortunately I had already finished doing all my laundry) We had barely turned off their street though, when she threw up again in the car... Uuuuuggghhh.... I pulled over, yanked her out and let her finish in the street. Poor girl....

After a relaxing bath and half an episode of Little Einsteins, she finally fell asleep on the couch around 6:30. I hope she stays asleep all night and we don't have any repeat episodes. Especially since I don't have use of my washer... A mom can dream right?.....

Oh yeah, and since I can't do laundry at my own house, Laura generously offered to wash Carrie's yucky clothes and carseat for me. Thank goodness for good friends!

No comments: