Friday, October 12, 2012

Naps Make Everything Better

We played at the park with friends this morning for a very long time. Carrie had a blast climbing slides with Jake.


 So proud they made it to the top!

Carrie decided she wanted to try sliding down the ramp/stairs. I'm pretty sure it was not very comfortable ;)

She was playing happily the whole time we were there, but when it was time to go... All heck broke loose. Carrie did NOT want to leave. And she showed me by throwing a fit and running from me when I tried to go get her off the playground... I had even given her a 5 minute and 1 minute warnings that we would be leaving... It didn't matter. These kinds of things are becoming more frequent and are driving me nuts! I don't know how to get her to listen... The woe of every parent right?...

By the time we finally got to the van and she was still whining and fighting me, I quickly decided today would be a nap day. NO choice... And look at the amazing result of both girls taking a long afternoon nap: HAPPINESS!!

Luckily, these cute faces remind me that they're still so little and I can be more patient as I try to teach and help them grow and learn. :)

No comments: