Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mood Swings

I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones, or what, but something is giving me some serious mood swings lately! My latest example, last night I was feeling so overwhelmed with my to-do list, primary calling, my seemingly never ending list of household chores, special projects etc. that I was full-on crying and venting to Justin before we went to sleep. (It probably didn't help that it was 10:30 at night, but still)

This morning, after coming home from visiting teaching, I knew I should start making dinner before my piano students came so I would only have to pop it in the oven later. I'd planned to try out a new recipe, so it took a little longer than normal to make. Btu I still had fun. Once I had one batch of Spinach Chicken Enchiladas in the pan ready to bake, and another batch in a freezer bag for another day, I decided that wasn't enough...

I had some blueberries and blackberries in the fridge that were on the verge of going bad. I thought, "Hmmmm, what can I do with these?... They'd probably be really yummy with cheesecake"... Apparently I didn't get over the fact that we didn't get any at the Cheesecake Factory the other night.

So for the first time in my life, I baked a cheesecake. But not just any cheesecake; low-fat, triple-berry swirl cheesecake. (I mixed some homemade strawberry jam into the blueberries and blackberries to make it triple-berry) It is now sitting on the counter cooling and it smells soooo delicious... We're gonna be eating gooood tonight!

I'm like a different person than I was yesterday! It's exhausting! (Although, today, super yummy will also be a side effect)

And just because she's so dang cute, here's Carrie (who wanted to put only panties back on after a bathroom trip earlier) reading a book to herself. I love it when she does that! She's so cute making up the stories from the bits and pieces she remembers me reading to her.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

That is a pretty cute picture and expression she has!!!!