Sunday, June 26, 2011

Snoozed....

This morning we were trying to hurry to be ready for church in time, especially since I got a phone call last night reminding me I was playing the organ today. I had already showered, but I knew Carrie really needed a bath before we left. This is how the conversation went when I went into her room to wake her up.

Me: (Sneaking around the room getting her clothes ready for the day, not sneaky enough, Carrie wakes up) "Good Morning Sweetie!"

Carrie: ............. (with lazy eyes and a slightly grumpy look)

Me: "How did you sleep?"

Carrie: "Hmmmpppffff......" (rolls over to hide her face from me)

Me: (walks over to sit on her bed and rub her back) "It's time to get up and get ready for church."

Carrie: (picks her face up out of the pillow and glares at me) "Mommy. Get. Out." (Re-plants face in pillow)

Me: "OK sweetie, you can sleep for a couple more minutes. I'll come back." (What I'm really thinking is, "WHAT THE?!?!?!, Did my toddler just snooze me?!")

This behavior is faaaar to teenaged for my taste! What a drama queen! Good thing it was cute!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny! Reading all her little stories crack me up. This is a scary indication though of what she will be like as a teenager. Good luck!

The Gatherers said...

so funny!

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

That is too darn funny!