Saturday, March 6, 2010

Late Nights

Thursday night, Carrie had a rough time going to sleep. She went to bed around 7:45 and over the next couple of hours she woke up 4 times. Twice, she had gotten her leg stuck between the crib bars. And I mean really stuck - above the knee, totally can't get it out on her own... We finally went to bed about 10 and right as we were about to fall asleep, she woke up again. This time she was full-on crying, and totally awake. It only took a second to get her chilled out, but as soon as I tried to put her back in her crib or leave the room, you'd think I was abandoning her the way she cried.
.
We've all been a little sick around here lately and Carrie has had a little bit of a stuffy nose, so I gave her some tylenol and a drink of water thinking it should help. No luck. I closed her bedroom door and let her play in the dark while I half slept on the floor. I know this is starting to sound like a habit, but unfortunately apartment living isn't really the greatest situation for letting her scream herself to sleep for hours. We let her cry, but after about 20 minutes we have to do something before the neighbors complain. When we get into the house if she needs to scream herself to sleep, we can let her.
.
I fell asleep before she did, but when I woke up a few minutes before 2am, I found Carrie sprawled out asleep on the floor. (After pulling all her toys, blankets and dirty laundry out) Hallelujah! Back in the crib for her, and back in bed for me!
.
Friday was a much more fun version of a late night. We got to hang out with some of my girlfriends from high school and meet each others' husbands. We had a yummy dinner, played games and had dessert. (I made angel food cake for the first time and it turned out beautifully! I'm so proud!) It was awesome! It's been a while since we've really been out on a date and it was fun to have friends to be with. We've become such old fuddy duddies going to bed by 8:45 usually, but last night we didn't even get home until 10:30! Woohoo! Party Animals... or something like that. Lucky for us, my little brother loves to babysit for us and we get to pay him with Quiznos. :)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

That's a cute picture of her sleeping!!!