Friday, March 12, 2010

Trip to the Doctor

So this is Justin writing (yes I am a part of this family even though you hardly even see pictures of me lately). So I was reading the last post about Carrie's strange sleeping behavior and everything and thought I would do a follow up post.
.
So Carrie has continued to be very whiny and have very weird sleeping schedules. This morning she didn't wake up until almost 11 and then she fell asleep again on our bedroom floor like 45 minutes later. She was not her normal, active, running everywhere little girl self, so we were a little worried. That's when we remembered that she had hit her head pretty good on Wednesday night. Rebecca's mom then said we probably should get her in to the doctor and just have her checked out.
.
Well Rebecca went to the doctor and she said everything looked fine, but she wanted to do a CT scan just to make sure. So for the next 2 hours we sat at Cardons Children's Hospital waiting to get authorization from our insurance to get this done. We finally got authorization and Carrie did great getting her scan done. Poor girl, she had to be "strapped in" so she couldn't wiggle. The Rad technician said she did the best of any of his patients today. (Three times between the doctor's office and getting the CT scan done, she fell asleep either in Rebecca's or her mom's arms; very out of character for her). The doctor put the order in as STAT so we should be hearing back from them today if there is anything to worry about.
.
Carrie is already in bed sleeping and probably will sleep well into the morning. We are crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that everything is OK.

4 comments:

Jacob & Clarissa said...

I hope she's ok, be sure to let us know when you find anything out.

Brittney said...

I hope everything is okay!!! Thanks for keeping us updated. It's always scary when I don't know what's wrong or how to help my little ones. I hope she gets better soon.

Amber said...

I'm so sorry, I hope everything is ok. You all will be in my prayers. Love to Carrie.

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

How scary!! I hope everything is ok. Let us know what you find out!