Saturday, October 15, 2011

What a Doll!

Carrie has discovered Barbies... And I'm totally cool with it. This dollhouse she's playing with was mine and my sister's when we were little. Our parents built it for us for Christmas one year. (I'm feeling like building Carrie her own dollhouse might be an awesome Christmas present this year.....)


The dolls my mom got recently are all Disney Princesses, so Carrie already knows all their names.

I love that she totally knows how to play with them. Nobody taught her, she just started making the dolls chat, play, cook dinner, go to bed... Everything...




Also, because I didn't feel the need for a separate post, here's the cupcake cake I made for my dad's surprise 50th birthday party. It's cake mix boxes stacked and covered with fabric to look like a hill. Get it? Over the hill?.... The cupcakes are green and springy on the left and as they go up and over the hill, the frosting "plants" start to die, until they're only a pile of sticks at the bottom.... I thought it was clever....

No comments: