Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Superheros and Weddings


When I bought some Powerade the other day, Carrie asked what it was. When I told her, she asked, "Does it give you super powers?" I figured, why not?.... "Yes, it DOES give you super powers!" So now she calls it Super Hero Juice and asks for some when she's feeling "tired". 

She's also invented the "Superhero Jump" into the pool. Her step-by-step instructions on how to properly execute it are, "You have to bend your knees, touch your fingers into the water, then put your arms behind you, and yell cowabunga as you swing your arms high in the air and jump!!" It's adorable! She's very specific. If you don't do all the steps, it's not a  real superhero jump ;)


And lastly, my favorite superhero reference.... I don't even remember what was broken, but she was very confident when she told me, "Don't worry, Daddy can fix it! He's a superhero!!" Awwwwe......


Onto her other recent obsession: Weddings. She has a little 4x6 picture of Justin and I on our wedding day sitting on the shelf in her bedroom. She loves to look at it and frequently points out how beautiful I am marrying daddy at the temple.


She often brings me my bridal bouquet which sits as decoration on top of the piano. She gets so excited and says, "Here mommy, you can use these flowers when you get married at the temple!"

Yesterday she dressed herself and picked out a skirt (because you can't get married when you're wearing pants or shorts), and put her t-shirt on backward so there wouldn't be a design on the front. It had to be white, just like mommy's wedding dress. ;) She came out of her room and told me, "I'm ready to go to the temple and get married to my own guy!" (We often have conversations about how she can't marry daddy because I already did; she has to find her own guy!)


She likes to call her swimming cover-up dress her wedding dress....


A couple days ago she "betrothed" Brigette to a cute little 5 month old boy in our ward. Her exact words were, "When Brigette gets borned, and gets big and can crawl, she can marry this cute boy in the temple!"

My favorite part of her fascination with weddings?.... Did you notice that all of her references to getting married include going to the temple? We're doing our best to instill that desire in her at a young age! So far, it seems to be working! This girl just gets cuter every day!

No comments: