Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weekend Break

Today we went with my family up to Snowflake for my grandpa's 80th birthday party. The ride up started pretty bad; Bush highway. If you don't know what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky. I hate that road. It's up and down and windy for a looooong time. I felt carsick almost the whole way. I'm sure being pregnant made it much worse, but anyways, I was glad when we were finally there.

The party was a blast! Ok, not quite a blast, but interesting to see so many old pictures of my grandpa throughout his life and meeting and re-meeting many elderly aunts, uncles, cousins and friends of my grandpa. Carrie had a good time with my cousin Tessa who is a few months younger than her. Tessa didn't necessarily appreciate the hugs as much as Carrie enjoyed giving them though.....

We got the scenic guided tour of the town where my dad grew up. The house he lived in as a kid, his high school, his little league field, the church building he went to. It was pretty fun.

The best part of the whole trip was it was about 88 degrees in Snowflake. Awesome. The Phoenix Valley had a record high for the date at 118 degrees..... It's just wrong. I love Arizona, but that's stinking hot!

A couple of hours after we got back home (to my parents, we're staying here this weekend), I felt sick enough to throw up. It was awful. I threw up a few times with Carrie, and never with Brigham. Afterward, I came down the stairs, flopped on the couch and said, "I think it's a girl...." I guess we'll find out in a few months. Fortunately I'm feeling a little better now. It's definitely time for bed though.

No comments: