Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who's Coming Over?

Almost always if I tell Carrie she needs to get dressed or clean up, she asks "Who's coming over?"... And it drives me crazy....

It's really my own fault though. Sometimes on a bad, lazy day, I'll tell her we need to hurry and get dressed because Daddy's almost home (horrible, I know). Or my piano students are going to be here soon. It's basically the same kind of thing with telling her she needs to clean up her toys. It's like she wonders "Who are we trying to impress?"... It makes me want to scream, "NOBODY! It's just us! We need to get dressed because it's daytime! We need to clean up because I don't like it when every toy you own is scattered all over the room! Getting dressed and cleaning up does not necessarily mean someone is coming over!"

Although it did today.... ;) We babysat for a friend this morning while her mom hosted preschool graduation. When Kaitlin (19 months old) got here, Carrie wanted her hair done exactly like hers. So we did.... They had a blast playing together. This is Carrie giving Kaitlin "piano lessons".



I've been trying to tackle my monster to-do list lately, but I don't feel like I'm making much progress. (Truly, it's monster.... It fills the entire side of a piece of paper, double columns, small writing). I have several big projects on there like Brigette's blessing dress (still not even started), or clean the blinds (never been done in the two years we've lived here, gross)...but mostly, I keep adding the little things to it, like eat breakfast, or shower..., just so I can cross something off. Hopefully I'll get at least a few real things done before Brigette comes!

And a random, just because picture... Carrie eating spaghetti last night.... She was so proud of her "noodle mustache" and her super messy hands. When she requested I take a picture, I couldn't resist. :)

No comments: