Friday, April 15, 2011

New Hobbies

First of all, I made some seriously delicious cupcakes for my sister's birthday a couple days ago.
Devil's food cake mix, cream cheese/powdered sugar filling and chocolate frosting with a chocolate covered pretzel on top. They were basically homemade ding dongs. I didn't think about it until after I'd finished decorating them though. Otherwise, I totally would have put the white swirly ding dong design on top.

I've been watching too many episodes of "Cupcake Wars" on Food Network lately. I'm itching to bake and decorate all kinds of cupcakes. I don't have a good reason (event) to make them for, however, so all my ideas just keep building up in my head. Amazingly, I have enough sense not to just bake a million cupcakes and end up eating them all by myself. Does anyone need cupcakes catered for something?

Our second most recent project has been our garden. So far, we're still in the garden wall building stages. We got the bricks from our friends the Paynes and HOLY MOLY! You wouldn't believe how much those things weigh! After the first wheelbarrow full, we drove our van 5 houses down to their house, parked in the driveway and filled up the back. Only to drive 5 houses back and unload.....

The finished project (at least the brick part). I'm proud to say, I laid this whole wall by myself this morning. Our finished plantable area is about 15 feet by 2 1/2 feet. It's probably too hot to actually plant anything in it now, but I'm excited to get it going once the summer starts to cool off a little.

4 comments:

Coleen said...

Looks great. Great flower bed project/idea for me too with the bricks in that formation.

Jacob & Clarissa said...

I wish I had something for you to make cupcakes for! Maybe we should plan something fun so you can make cupcakes and I can see you!

The Chipmans said...

Cori's baby shower is coming up next month. I sure wouldn't mind some catered cupcakes for it. : )

Amber said...

I have totally been in a cupcake mood too. I made some tonight and froze half before I frosted 'em so I wouldn't eat them all.