Thursday, September 13, 2012

D-backs and Naps

First, a cute picture of our adorable Brigette. Yesterday we hit up the local park and splash pad with some friends. I kept Brigette and her delicate baby skin in the shade, but just in case, she also wore this adorable sun hat. ($1 at goodwill, I love it!) *And a quick note on our wardrobes... Brigette is wearing a bejeweled tutu over her shorts because Carrie insisted (love her), and the splotchiness on my pants is paint. They're grungy pants because we came straight from workout group to the park. (Yeah me, for working out!)*


We got to go on a fun quadruple date last night to a Diamondbacks game! I would really love this picture except of course, there's a Dodgers fan sitting RIGHT behind us... Kinda ruins it... ;)

Anyways, we had a blast with the Ostlers, Hedges, and Carpenters. The Ostlers had a bunch of extra tickets and invited us all to come with them. We all piled into their Sequoia, went out to Pei Wei, and made a night of it! (It makes Justin want a Sequoia even more, now that we know 8 adults can ride comfortably in it)

A Big thank you to Brandon and Marissa for watching our girls for us! Sadly, however, because Carrie played long and hard with her cousin, when we got her home late late after the game, she had a night terror.... Uggh. I really don't like those at all...

She must be having a growth spurt or something because she's napped 2 out of the last 3 days. On Tuesday while I was teaching piano, I shouted upstairs for Carrie to turn down the volume on the TV. No response... Shouted her name again... Nothing. I was starting to get mad because sometimes if she just doesn't want to listen to what I'm saying, she'll ignore me or hide when I call. Getting no answer back from her, I started to gruffly climb the stairs and said, "Carrie, you need to answer me!"...

When I got to the top of the stairs, I saw her crashed out asleep on the floor of the loft; Mickey Mouse blaring and all. :) And of course I felt bad about getting mad that she wasn't answering me in her sleep ;)

Then today after Justin got home from work, he laid down for a little power nap. (It still makes me tired just to think about him getting up at 4:45 every day...)
 
Brigette had fallen asleep in her bouncy chair...

And Carrie had fallen asleep on the loft couch. Notice how both girls sleep with one hand up by their face just like their daddy? So cute :)

No comments: