Sunday, September 30, 2012

RS General Broadcast

Last night was the Relief Society General Broadcast. I was able to go to the dinner beforehand, (which was delicious), enjoyed chatting with friends from the ward, and even made a few new friends.

The talks were all amazing and I took several pages of notes... And of course, now that I'm wanting to document a few of the things I wrote down, I can't find my notebook... Super annoying. Anyways, there was one thing that affected me enough, I remember it without my notes.

Sister Burton spoke about the Atonement. The quote that stuck out to me was, "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ". She told a pioneer story about a young mother losing her baby... And of course, I thought of Brigham... The point was though, that even the torture of losing a child can be healed by the Atonement. I learned this for myself a few months after Brigham died. My testimony in the Atonement's wondrous array of power came to me almost all at once. Before Brigham, I just believed... Now, I know. And the song, "I Stand all Amazed" is one of my new favorites.

It's amazing how so many things in a general meeting can seem to be meant just for me. I love it :)

Now, not to take away from the wonderful testimonial spirit I just created, but on a side note, today was an exciting day! We got a new niece! Charlie June was born this morning to Brandon and Marissa. We got to go visit them in the hospital and holy moly! Seeing Brigette and Charlie next to each other made Brigette look SO grown up! Though there's not much difference in their size, there's a ton of difference in their looks! Even with her chubby cheeks, Charlie seems so tiny just because of her newborn-ness. :) (Though I'm pretty sure her fingers are about an inch longer than Brigette's are!) ;)

No comments: