Thursday, September 27, 2012

How to Keep a Baby Occupied


Today Carrie went to play at her friend Grace's house straight from preschool. So once I had dropped them both off in the morning, I had until 3:30 completely Carrie-less... So I decided to work on a project; my sewing/guest room. Brigette is still pretty mellow and content to just sit in her bouncy chair, so I thought I'd give it a go. But I felt bad knowing I wasn't really going to be paying attention to her very much while I worked.


So I tried giving her a toy to play with. She doesn't really actually play with toys yet... She was not amused... I'm actually kind of in love with this picture. Her face looks so incredibly bored, it makes me almost laugh out loud. :)

So I pulled out "the hippo". At first she didn't know what to think...

Then she accidentally hit one of the dangly toys, and got a little thrill...

Then she looked at me and squealed in joy! It. Was. So. Cute!

With Brigette happily occupied, I went to work painting the sewing/guest room. 

In order to get to the walls, however, I had to move a majority of the "stuff" out. Which means my living room is a disaster zone right now! Organizing and decorating this room has been on my to-do list for far too long! The painting got done today, but the organizing will have to wait for another day. Hopefully, it will get done soon (especially since getting started has created such a mess!)

And a just-because pic. We call it the "baby eye mask"... She's totally asleep here. I guess it works when you want to take a nap in the bright of day!

No comments: