Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Tricks!

We celebrated New Years Day with a little party of our own. It started out as a random thought of, "Hey, there are a lot of College Football Bowl games on today, I wonder if anyone wants to come over to watch with us..."

It ended with my parents, my sister, brother-in-law, one of my brothers, my aunt and two cousins coming over for watching football, playing board games and eating dinner! We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed being the hostess when I wasn't worried about kicking myself into labor! I did dishes, cleaned up, and swept all through my work-induced contractions. Of course it didn't actually end up throwing me into labor, but my kitchen got clean :)

Now, about the "new tricks" mentioned in the post title. Carrie has mastered doorknobs.... I've been dreading the day when she would be able to open the doors from the inside of rooms. She's been able to reach them and close doors for a month or two, but hadn't quite got the hang of turning the knobs...

She's gotten lucky a few times over the last few days, but Saturday night at bedtime, she had it down pat. And proved it by staying awake until 10:30 testing our patience opening and shutting her door.

We finally gave up when Justin had the magical thought of putting her in the crib so she couldn't get out of bed anymore. It worked and we all finally fell asleep, but holy moly, what an evening!

No comments: